The hooking factor of music videos on you

Friday, May 28, 2010



I love listening to music and watching music videos of the songs I like. Most of the times, I like a song more because I like its music video. So, how does the song catches my attention? Two things, tunes and/or lyrics. It must have a good tunes, catchy and doesn't hurt my ear (I don't like screaming singers).

 Enough about that,let's talk about music videos. I want to ask you, does music videos make you like or hate a song from the start?  Does it make you like the song more? I believe that in some point music videos can draw attention to listeners to like this song. It's like marketing, they are marketing the song by giving visuals for listeners to understand the message and give you a feel of the song or just to feature the song in some kind of way. 

I'll give some of the songs that because of the video I got addicted to the song.

  1. Poker Face - yep! Poker face capture my attention then made me love Lady Gaga. Ever since I watched that video, I just loved her!
  2. Knock You Down - Do I need to say more? Kanye West, Keri Hilson and NeYo were awesome in that video and the tunes and lyrics is addicting too. 
  3. Darling, It's true - I like Locksley, because of their  single "The Whip", so I listened to their album and liked "Darling, It's True"also. BUT, when I watched their video earlier, and I super liked their video, I just can't get enough of it and that song was on replay mode in my iPod.

Those are just the few music videos that got me hooked to the song. So? How strong is the hooking facot of music videos on you.

0 comments: