Don't measure the looks, measure the wallet.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Did you sometimes feel discriminated when you walk in on a store or any restaurant, and since you look like you're just hanging out at your house and the staff ignores you. Because, you look you don't have any money, well in fact you have thousands at your wallet and you just want to dressed comfortably.

Here's a problem I see most of the time in stores/malls/ restaurants. I've heard a lot of stories, and I also experienced some of this. I'll tell you few stories that I have heard and also the ones I've experienced.

Story 1: I want a Benz.
        This story was told to me by my boyfriend couple of years ago. You know in EDSA where there are car stores lined-up, there's Audi, porsche, BMW and etc. Well, a man that is wearing a sando and shorts with a backpack, went to one of this stores. And ask for a certain car (I can't remember what brand), since he looks like he doesn't have any money, the staff ignored him and said, "Do you think I don't have any money? I can buy that car, in cash", then he showed his money in his backpack, the staff was apologetic about it but he left the store and went to the store beside it and bought himself a new luxury car.

Story 2: Who can give you a tip, this much?
       Well my neighbor's friend came home from Japan to have a vacation. So she went to Bench Fix, to fix her hair. On the reception desk, the staff totally ignores her, maybe they think this person don't have any money to pay them. Then finally, she spoke to them, in fluent English, and the staff was shocked. She said, "Did you ever had a customer than can tip you, P 2000?" well I didn't remember some things she said but you get the point, the staff was apologetic and they gave her the service she asked, which is worth P15000.

Story 3: The pedicab Ride.
       Early this morning, we went to the mall to buy us some ice cream, when we go to the mall, the one that is walking distance from our house we don't usually dress up, ever. So when we go home, we took a pedicab because it's so hot to walk. So the pedicab usually cost 10 pesos. When we got off the pedicab, my mama grabs in her pockets some coins to pay the man, she was careful in grabbing since she have a thousand pesos in her pocket it might fall. The pedicab driver said ," Wala naman pala kayo pambayad", since mama was shocked, she took out one thousand and five hundred pesos, so she can easily grab the coins, the driver was speechless.

Those are just few stories I have heard and experienced. There are really judgmental people and there's nothing we can do about it. I hope they realize that every person that comes in to their shop is a potential customer.

0 comments: