The Chemistry of Geek Running

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I love Running, especially in the morning. Well, I haven't tried running in the afternoon or in the night time well just because the place where I run is only open until 6 pm. And I always run with an empty stomach, since I'm having a hard time running with I drink/ate something, I feel pain in my stomach.

Why I love running? Because of the feeling when the air touches my face constantly. The carefree feeling. The freedom. Do I need to say more?

But, every love there's a weak spot. For me, my weak spot is waking up in the morning. It's hard for me to wake up especially when I slept late the previous night. But, after waking up and I washed my face, I am very good to go. 

Every hobby, there are essentials.  My essentials, are the basic + advanced essentials. What do I mean? Well the basic are:
  1. Running shoes : this is the basic, well make sure that the shoes are comfortable and fits perfectly because it is important that you run comfortably. 
  2. Towel
  3. Water Jug - well, I don't always bring water since I'm kind of lazy to bring my own water, but I think it's essential.
I think that's the basic essentials, but since I'm the geek runner I have my own list of essentials that is added to the basic:

  1. This is in reference to the running shoes:  my shoes are Nike+. Why? Because the Nike+ shoes have a built-in pocket where you put the Nike+ Sensor.
  2. The Nike+ Sensor, since my iPhone already recognizes the sensor, I don't need the dongle that came along with the kit. This sensor gives feedback and tracks all your runs. Like the kilometer/miles,  time, pace and calories burned. So when you plug your iPhone/ Ipod it automatically sends the data to Nike.com
  3. Ofcourse my iPhone. Since it is needed for the sensor to work. And also, I want to run with my music. I never run without music.
That's how I run, maybe you can share how you run to me email me at meltingsorbetes@yahoo.com


I got the picture @ nike.com

0 comments: