Eating Fast Food Abroad

Friday, May 21, 2010



I am not adventurous when it comes to food, I don't like chinese food, or thai, or korean. That's why, when I'm out of the country I eat fast food. They said that when you visit a country, you should at least eat their delicacies, well that's true but eating fast food has its own benefits, well at least for me.

I don't travel much, just a few countries I've been to and just only once I ate Chinese food, in HK Disney Land, well it's not even authentic I guess. I'll give few tips on what and where to eat just in case you want to grab some fast food when you're out of the country ( WARNING :This is just a very short list, I'll just mention the foods that are worth noting for)

1. Hong Kong
  • I LOVE KFC of Hong Kong. Why? Their chicken is much tastier than of here in the Philippines. Their chicken come in twos and you can choose your side dish, either mushroom rice, criss-cut fries and etc. I always order Criss-cut fries because it's something new to me. 
  • I DONT LIKE THEIR MCDO. The burger don't taste good, it's kind of spicy. I don't dig spicy food so if you like some hotness then you might like this one. But their chicken nuggets is good, although you have to order the sweet and sour sauce rather than Philppine's favorite BBQ sauce, because their BBQ sauce isn't that good.
  • I LOVE YOU PIZZA HUT . I love hk's pizza hut. Their PH is not the same here in the Philippines, the pizza hut is that the setting is more like of a fine dining (but really not close just the setting and ambience). Pizza is good and pasta is divine, and the most of all, the dessert OMG! I super duper love the molten chocolate cake ( I can't remember if that's the name but it's all chocolate and it's molten cake so... there). Don't you dare miss eating @ pizza hut :)
2. Singapore
  • Their fast foods are nothing special but in kopitiam (Food Court) in one mall (Can't remember what mall), I like the breaded pork they sell. Sorry if there's no much details because I can't remember where and what store. LOL. But the point of this is that their kopitiam isn't that bad, it's delicious so it's a must try, it's near eating their delicacies I think.
3. Malaysia
  • MCDO . The nuggets is good, and again order the Sweet and Sour sauce because it's much better than BBQ Sauce. But the McFlurry, OMG. It's much bigger than of the Philippines, they have Cornetto McFlurry Imagine that! And it's 2-3x bigger than we have here so, it is one real ice cream treat! and it's delicious too! :)
4. Thailand
  • Before, I don't eat at Burger King, but after I ate Chicken Sandwich here at Thailand's Burger King, gosh, I loved Burger King ever since, so that trip is memorable to me even we just stayed their overnight, BUMMER right?? Blame it to the flight we got from Malaysia to Thailand. 
So stop by to the fast foods that I had mentioned if you happen to visit that country, because each country has its own version of the food, well mostly not all. Hope you find my post very informative.

Picture came from fromthevault.org

0 comments: